Camera Focus Issues

I’m running into this strange issues as of two days ago where the camera zooms in when a print is initiated. Camera looks fine and normal at calibration, just as soon as I hit the print button the camera zooms. I was ignoring it at first chalking it up to a weird software bug that would work itself out with updates…but now it’s not even cutting through proofgrade materials at proofgrade settings. Etching seems normal-ish but cuts aren’t even going halfway through. I have cleaned everything and ran a camera calibration. No change. I was going to reset but my husband (a developer) had me file a ticket with support instead so they could look at the logs…now I’m stuck waiting for support to email me back. I’m wondering if anyone else has run into this issue?

The camera appears to zoom in because just before it prints it moves the head over and measures the distance to the surface. You can get around things moving by using the “set focus” feature under the gear icon on the top bar of the dashboard. and it will measure and adjust the camera before you set out any of your designs.

As for not cutting all the way through support will ask you to cut the “gift of good measure” file on proofgrade material and record the date and time it was attempted. Posting photos of the result will help them as well in diagnosing the issue. Just a heads up as well posting here in the P&S section opens an additional support ticket.

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble.

@primal_healer is correct! When you have a moment, could you please do the following?

Turn off your Glowforge, then turn it back on

We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Place Proofgrade Draftboard in the bed and load the Gift of Good Measure design.

Set the score and engrave steps to ‘ignore.’ Please use Set Focus, and Print the Gift of Good measure using the default settings. Allow the print to finish.

When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture of the bed updates.

Check the completed print:

If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut, please let us know the date and time of the print

If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you saw the issue with, and let us know the results.

If the issue still occurs, please let us know the date and time of the finished print.

Let us know how it goes!

1 Like

Thank you for letting us know in email that this has been resolved. I’m going to close this thread.

Please start a new thread if you have any more trouble. We’re happy to take a look!

1 Like