Camera makes wood look warped

I have a new basic. I have already done the camera recalibration and the wood seems warped through the camera. It looks like the center of the wood is coming up. Any thoughts?

If you can place design elements with relative accuracy, it’s normal, due to the fisheye lens on the lid camera.

1 Like

Can you post a screen shot so we can see what’s happening? The camera is a fish-eye lens and this is what your GF actually sees and then the software has to do magic to “flatten” the image out. Sometimes during shipping the camera can get knocked loose, but something else could be causing it too.

1 Like

I’m afraid we’ll need more information to investigate further.

If possible, could you please send me a screenshot of what you see in the Glowforge app when this happens? Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.
  • Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

Send us the screenshot, and we’ll be happy to take a look.

Per my latest follow up in this thread: Laundry list, I’m going to close this thread and you’ll hear from me via email within the next two hours.

1 Like