Camera Musings

It suddenly occurs to me to wonder whether the camera operates when the lid is open. Can the GlowForge team watch me while I am getting my materials arranged for cutting? It’s not like I 'forge nekkid or anything…but I have been known to do it with Very Scary Hair. :scream:

8 Likes

Could it? Sure. The normal process does not take a pic while the lid is open. Though you can force an image refresh if you want.

I was wondering the same yesterday when I opened the lid before the post-cut photo had been taken. I just make dumb faces when I do that. Figure maybe they’ll get a kick out of it, or think I’m just super odd…

1 Like

Pretty much right in there with Siri or Google listening to everything. And then there is the facial recognition S/W on your phone and Windows 10.

Worked in the DoD for decades on stuff that gives conspiracy theorists nightmares. Might think I would wear a big hat every time I go outside. Tend not to worry about it.

2 Likes

Wait… we’re supposed to wear clothes while using the GF?

I don’t remember seeing that in the manual?

:slight_smile:

8 Likes

Dan weighed in on this back in November (2017):

2 Likes

There has been a time or two when it flashed as I was lifting.

Two things…
Wear pants.
Wait to open the lid till it’s out of paparazzi mode. :wink:

6 Likes

Me, too. (Married to a former intelligence analyst…) I figure they already know everything anyway, I’ve got nothing to hide. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: As for 'forging naked, well, I’m sure there are younger, more attractive bodies than me for them to watch!

3 Likes

Yeah this is deju vu all over again.

During the previous discussion it was pointed out that it flashes when a picture is taken (not continuous) and as Jules pointed out → you can catch a close up if close the lid, then quickly change your mind and reopen the lid (poof – picture taken).

For those that this bothers (or are hard pressed to allow for reasonable coverage), this also permits me to resurrect a funny escutcheon I made to remind you of this candid camera fact.
This design made itself while following the previous thread.
File is in the zip…
no-flash.zip (193.2 KB)

6 Likes

:sweat_smile: Love it! :rofl:

1 Like

Ha! Love it!

1 Like

This is probably one of the funniest threads I’ve read. :slight_smile: Love the escutcheon.

2 Likes

Drats… thought I might have a new way to send unsolicited schtick pics…

3 Likes