How We Troubleshoot

I don’t follow?

1 Like

Sorry, should have checked first…it is pinned. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ditto! Never occurred there was a diagnostic reason to be patient at that point. :flushed:

7 Likes

Me 3. :flushed:

4 Likes

Note to self… Wear pants while opening the GF. :dizzy_face:

22 Likes

:slight_smile: It doesn’t take pictures when the lid’s open. (And when it takes pictures, the lights on the lid flash, so you’d know!)

10 Likes

I knew I had an amazing machine - but just WOW!

3 Likes

Thanks for the peek behind the curtain! It’s helpful to know what info you need to troubleshoot and why! We certainly appreciate all your hard work behind the scenes!!

5 Likes

Wear clothes when Glowforge is Hot…
[/] Check !

I don’t use our tablet much, but the wife is always grumbling at it because of the problems trying to do stuff she knows it should be able to.

Life should be one size fits all, but the reality is tablets, phones, laptops, and computers are all in their own niche regarding how things work and viewing ease.

This is not to say any device used is right or wrong, so put away the pitchfork, but it does give anyone looking at a reported problem a better chance of seeing it (which is the first step to fixing it).

TL DR: Just my opinion, but if not using a tower computer for the UI, it may speed things up if this is noted in the complaint.

3 Likes

That’s not a thing. There’s a word for that. Check the forums for posts by @ju… oh. oops. :wink:

4 Likes

Whew! :flushed:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t relax too much just yet…I’ve had camera flashes a couple of times when I opened too soon.
(I do hope they’re enjoying those shots. Talk about skewing the data!) :joy:

5 Likes

Thank you so much! This was incredibly informative, well written, and all-inclusive of questions that we might have. There is much more going on there than I might have thought.

2 Likes

Me too. Not all the time…but many.

1 Like

But (hypothetically of course) if one were to find some way of running the GF with the door open (or maybe they have a PRO with a pass through, one could slide a note to the staff under the camera just before the picture is snapped eh? :smile:

Most all Windows machines have a keyboard with a PrtScn key that will allow one-button screen captures :slight_smile: (Which actually had its roots in the PrtScn key on the old IBM 3270 green screen terminals…for a bit of ancient computing trivia. Similar to the goofy Function Keys that still populate keyboards despite the migration of software to soft buttons vs configured keyboard physical keys…back in the 90s for goodness sakes.)

6 Likes

Good post, if for no other reason than to feel like the GF team is present and to help us know what you are doing on your end. The gaps in interaction have made it hard to feel like you guys are true partners in making this work. Please keep it up! :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you for the insight Jae!
I had always wondered what the post op pictures were about. I never thought it was anything nefarious, but nice to know.
That gives us a better understanding of how deep the roots of support extend. Great to have such a team in our corner!
Another example of the innovations glowforge brings.

I’m really glad you other users fessed up, I was afraid that was discreetly pointed at me. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

She was pointing directly at you…we’re only trying to be supportive and throw her off track…so you wouldn’t get into so much trouble. :rofl:

10 Likes

Yeah, before it was edited, the original post said:

"@jbmanning5 and @dwardio and @PrintToLaser How you can help

Let your Glowforge finish the cooldown cycle before you open the lid; otherwise we will not get the post-print photo. The cooldown cycle should typically take less than a minute or two. Put your patience pants on."

:wink:

10 Likes

This might be a good post to add to the matrix.

3 Likes