Camera not taking picture error

I cut a business card last night, did great, made adjustments to some line work and all of the sudden I’m getting the Camera didn’t take picture error. I cleaned the camera with ziess wipe, checked all 5 connection clips, cleaned lens, cleaned the glowforge logo, nothing moves on starts up, it just keeps spinning on the program, and the arm never moves from the spot it starts in.

A crack in one of the ribbons can cause an intermittent error that becomes permeant easily but difficult to find. Only Support can see for sure.

I’m sorry to hear you hit a snag with your Glowforge.

I’ve extracted the logs from your Glowforge and looked at the trouble you’ve been experiencing. The issues you’re seeing might be caused by a poor connection with the cables on your lid. Please follow the steps below to check the lid connections:

1. Turn off your unit.

2. Open the lid.

3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.

4. There are 5 clips pictured below. Check each one to ensure it is closed. The clip should lie flat, and you shouldn’t be able to flip it in any direction.

1. If any of the clips are open, please take a photo and attach it to your reply. Don’t try to adjust or reseat the cable until reaching back out to us.
1 Like

I did all that last night, I turned it off and left it alone till this morning and it’s back working on it own.

Hey there @countrygirl373, it looks like you had an open email ticket for this issue as well and we’ve been working with you there. To avoid duplicate communication, I’m going to close this thread and we will continue working with you over email.