Camera off

the camera on my glowforge seems to be pretty far off, i tried turning the equipment on and off to no avail, i also preformed a camera recalibration multiple times, also to no avail, is this normal?

Hard to decipher exactly what problem you’re describing. Since I don’t see any cuts, I assume you are talking about the 1” margins on the left and top so that you can’t see the entire bed. Those areas are unreachable by the laser head and cropped from the lid camera view.

2 Likes

the camera is not showing up to an inch of the top of the board, it is reading the start of the board nearly an inch - sometimes greater - into the standard 12"X20" proofgrade material, if you look at the bottom left of the image you will see the image is reading the 12" board as 11.25" roughly.

Having a real hard time understanding what you see as the problem.

Your bed image is totally normal. The print area is substantially smaller than a 20x12 sheet (~19x11) - it’s in the tech specs.

2 Likes

i added a second photo to clarify, i am under the assumption that the print area is 12x20

Like I said, it isn’t. Look at the tech specs.

2 Likes

interesting, i was under the assumption that the working area was 12x20 so i was wondering why the top inch of the board was not in the camera view

1 Like

thanks for the clarification

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.