Camera problems?

Hi,

Does anyone know what could be causing pixelated view of the wood in the crumb tray? My camera lens is clean with Zeiss wipes. It has done this a few times since the last update, never had a problem like this before. :confused:

I’m sorry, but I can’t see the pixelation you are speaking of. Also, what update do you think is related to this behavior. To my knowledge, there hasn’t been an update for quite some time. Finally, have you used the set focus tool and made sure the beam landed on wood and not a void before you took this screenshot?

2 Likes

What’s the zoom level that you’re at? The image is already cropped down from its original state and then zooming will lower the quality of the image presented as well.

2 Likes

That looks like the typical level of blurriness to me. The camera isn’t perfect and its focus is adjusted physically and glued in place at the factory. Software updates can’t change that.

1 Like

@jstus I am so sorry your Lid camera is pixelated.

I know you mentioned you cleaned your Lid camera but could you please do the following for me?

1. Turn off your Glowforge.
2. Using a Zeiss wipe, gently wipe the lens of the wide-angle camera on the unit’s lid.

3. Take a photo of the camera.
4. Place a piece of Proofgrade material in the bed with the QR code facing up.
5. Close the lid and turn your Glowforge back on.
6. Open any design in the Glowforge app. Wait for the lid image to update in the workspace.

Send us the photo you took in step 3, along with a screenshot of what you see in the app after cleaning the camera lens. Please include the rulers, the visible QR code, and as much of the app as possible:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop

• Windows: Click on the Start Menu and search for the Snipping Tool. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.