Camera Recalibration - Printer Not Showing Up in List

I’ve found my cuts and engravings have been warped lately so I tried to recalibrate my camera. When I go to Glowforge - the 3D laser printer and click ‘Continue,’ my printer never shows up in the ‘Select Printer’ list despite being detected in the glowforge app. What do I do?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

I don’t have any suggestions regarding your printer not being listed, but I have serious doubts that recalibrating is necessary. If your prints are “warped” the lid camera has nothing to do with this problem. More likely you have a broken wheel or incorrect belt tension.

2 Likes

How do I check those?

For a clear example of the problem, I loaded a rectangle from inkscape into the machine and when I was done with the cut, none of the corners were square. I tried it again with a different piece of board stock and it had the same exact wrong angles.

When I searched other posts on the forums, skewed prints seemed to all point to camera calibration issues. Regardless, I haven’t done the calibration since I got the machine (it was fine out of the box and has been for years) and would like to do it regardless.

1 Like

This sounds more like you need to square the gantry than lid calibration.
There’s an official support article about that

3 Likes

People on Facebook will say to recalibrate the camera no matter what. In reality, the lid camera is only there to help the user place their artwork on the material. Corners that are not square is most certainly not a camera issue. If the Perfect Squares article does not address the issue, post photos of your squares so we can better help you.

3 Likes

Ok, this fixed it the angles and now they’re EXACT. Thank you so much! I’m going to look harder into the suggested maintenance for the machine. All I really do now is clean the lenses and vacuum the bed.

2 Likes

The perfect squares article was exactly what I needed! Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.