Can I get some opinions?

Hi there ! Today I cleaned my glowforge. Did it need it probably not but I wanted to learn how the process works and was a little nervous about it. I noticed under the front left hand side of my crumb tray some discoloration. I’ve only used my machine maybe 20 times. Anything you may think I need to worry about ?

1 Like

Nope. At least I wouldn’t worry about it.

3 Likes

Nope, mine is too and has been for along time…

1 Like

That looks like heat/smoke so likely the air assist blowing forward while you were creating something towards the front. If you truly care, vinegar is good at taking off smoke stains.

1 Like

I definitely like to take of my things so that’s what I will do . Thank you !!

…and while you’re asking for opinions: Kirk was the best captain. (Just MY opinion…)

3 Likes

Thank you for your post! I appreciate you taking the time to clean your Glowforge, and make sure that it is maintained correctly.

As @deirdrebeth outlined, this is likely discoloration from the Air Assist Fan working while printing, creating the stains you are noticing. This should not effect your ability to print, or cause any concern.

I’ll now close this thread, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to us in the future at support@glowforge.com if you run into any more trouble. We’re here to help!