Can no longer access forum from my network

It was me that that problem. That’s what I did. Connected my computer to my phone data (Verizon) then back to my Starlink. But my problem now is I don’t see the pictures on this site only. Not sure why…

-Mark

I have tried 4 different Macs, 3 iPads, 3 iPhones and 2 PCs. I don’t know if it has had any effect on the Apple TVs or Roku.

Still waiting on a reply from Starlink.

My bank has my private domain on a ban list. For well over a decade, every time I log in it wants me to verify my email address - which I’ve owned since the mid 90’s and nobody else has ever had a problem with it.

I was reading about this issue and it could be Discourse blocking you, not Starlink. Based on how Starlink assigns your IP address, Discourse may be assuming you’re connecting from a geography they don’t support. Not saying that is the issue, just that it could be.

You might get some help by signing up for their user support forums.

Another 46 satellites just launched so I’d think they are committed… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I have contacted Discourse as well.

1 Like

Try using a VPN like NordVPN. See if you can connect to one of those VPNs and then connect to discourse. If you can, your IP address/range has been blocked. Either by discourse itself or by a rule at starlink (could even be in your router if it thought you were attempting a DOS attack, or if it thought DISCOURSE was attempting an attack of some sort).

4 Likes

It seems the problem is here aws1.discourse-cdn.com/
looks like that’s is where the pictures come from
/uploads/db6859/original/

nslookup can’t find it…

-Mark

Content delivery network.

mbp: nslookup aws1.discourse-cdn.com

Server: 8.8.4.4
Address: 8.8.4.4#53
Non-authoritative answer:
aws1.discourse-cdn.com canonical name = aws1cdn-456a.kxcdn.com.
aws1cdn-456a.kxcdn.com canonical name = a-us00.kxcdn.com.

Name: a-us00.kxcdn.com
Address: 68.70.205.4
Address: 68.70.205.3
Address: 68.70.205.1
Address: 68.70.205.2

Yea, I hade some extra text in the 1st try OOPS…

This is what I get now…

nslookup aws1.discourse-cdn.com
Server: dns.google
Address: 8.8.8.8

Non-authoritative answer:
Aliases: aws1.discourse-cdn.com
aws1cdn-456a.kxcdn.com

same same…

… and I have no issues (with accessing the forum).

Neither one of these will open up for me.

Hey eflyguy,
Are you able to ping the 68.70.205.4 or 3,2,1
With my Starlink I can’t when I connect to my verizon via my phone I can…

-Mark

Yes, no issues. 6-9ms.

It is a Starlink IP issue, I installed my norton 360’s VPN, and it works

-Mark

2 Likes

Glad that works but it shouldn’t be needed. Would be interesting to know why it’s being blocked.

1 Like

Yea, you and me both LOL

1 Like

And me.

Reading through the Starlink subreddit, it appears many of their IP addresses are on a lot of blacklists for a lot of services already. Some appear to be due to poor IP-to-location mapping, some due to the fact that you’re sharing CGNAT’d IP space with other Starlink users, so if anyone runs something naughty on their connection, it can affect a lot of users sharing that IP. A VPN would be a good solution if so many of the same services didn’t block VPNs for similar reasons…

2 Likes

Looks like there’s a free vpn plugin for Chrome.

Google is tracking everything anyway, what’s one more… :roll_eyes:

1 Like