Canadians supplier for laser marking mediums

I want to test metal marking but dont want to jump to expensive mediums like Cermark just yet. My preference is to go tried and proven but I cannot find Canadian sources of cheaper alternatives of Dry Moly Lube or Laser Bond that doesnt charge high shipping fee :sleepy:

Any Canadians out there have any source suggestions?

Iā€™m trying to avoid the trial and error of Molybdenum Disulfide soap paste even though I can get the powder here.

1 Like

Did you check your local auto parts chain? Is Advance Auto or ORielly up there? I think Iā€™ve seen it at Walmart too and it is available from Amazon.

2 Likes

This might be of interestā€¦

1 Like

Any pics you can share?

Of what?..Iā€™m not the original poster - and if you click on the post youā€™ll see many imagesā€¦so not sure what youā€™re looking for

Sorry. I was reading the unread stuff. Didnā€™t follow it back.

1 Like

Iā€™ll check the auto stores, thanks for the tip! Amazon Canada is super overpriced. Didnā€™t find in Walmart so far!

I did read that! I wanted use something that required less experimentation.

1 Like

I know Moly lube has been talked about extensively in the forum but I just stumbled on a ā€œblog postā€ from Enduramark stating that it can produce sulfuric acid. I donā€™t recall this being discussed anywhere and it never occured to me. Iā€™m no chemist so I canā€™t comment on the accuracy of the claims but it seems to me with the vast experience and knowledge of the varied members of this group, if it were really a problem it would have been brought up?
Sorry for hijacking the thread but itā€™s the first one I found on the subject that wasnā€™t ā€œclosedā€ and I could comment on.

3 Likes

Personally, I applaud your attempts at thread conservation. However, quite a few people only look at new threads unless it is one theyā€™ve flagged as being of interest. So if you donā€™t get any replies besides mine, or no helpful ones, consider making a new thread.

Never heard of that company before your post but yes, it is correct. My guess would be that people arenā€™t using it enough yo notice the corrosive effects yet.