Cancer (Breast Cancer) Ribbon Earring Holder and Sign For Charity

Hey all!
This is my first contribution on here. Ive had my Glowforge for a few months now. As someone who has been affected by Breast Cancer (My mom) this design was really fun but also really important and exciting for me to make.

I have attached photos and the file in one big bundle of a earring display stand and little sign I made for my moms local business for donations to our local cancer center (where she received her treatment) and where we will be donating all the proceeds to. I hope someone else will find this useful.

It can be used as any awareness ribbon if its just painted differently and I made the engraving removable/edit-able. lol

I made both signs with 1/4 maple plywood.
Earring Cards with 1.5mm Thin Basswood from Amazon.
Ribbon earrings with 1/8 Pink Acrylic.
Hooks for earrings made out of 1/8 Clear Acrylic

Editing to add-In the file there is one extra layer for the bottom part of the base, it has no hole. I realized after I took the photos that without this third bottom layer the Big Ribbon could fall through the bottom when trying to move. This third layer keeps this from happening.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions!!!

Id love to see anything made with this design!

Breast Cancer Bundle|690x345

54 Likes

All I see are pink boxes (one has “faith over fear” and one has a purple line in it).

3 Likes

I think I may have fixed it. Please let me know if this works, and thank you for letting me know.

2 Likes

Thanks so very much for sharing your beautiful design… Prayers for your Mom and all who are fighting against illness.
God bless.

5 Likes

Very nice share. i think your file is still an issue. i only see the same thing @ellencadwell saw…

2 Likes

That’s really well done & love your choice to make the stand in the shape of the ribbon, too!

Thank you for the material list–I have used thick (50-100pt card stock/chip board) for cards for items, but the bass wood looks really clean and crisp & great background for the pink!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I had accidentally bought it awhile ago thinking it was thicker wood and it sat until I realized I could use it for earrings! haha I really like how it works with them too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, Im not sure why it is still doing that. I have updated the post. When I click on the link it downloads as an SVG. Is there another file format that would work for you?

2 Likes

You did fix it. Thank you! Great design. And thank you for sharing your files. What a wonderful idea.

2 Likes

Thanks so much! :slight_smile: Im glad it’s fixed now. Its my first time haha

2 Likes

Thank you so much. She is Cancer free and has been for almost 2 years. Such a blessing. I hope many will be able to use this design for many different illnesses. <3

2 Likes

Thanks again!! file worked this time!

2 Likes

As someone who’s had their own breast cancer I’m beyond delighted to see this. Thank you. The care centers rely on volunteer efforts like these to run the non-medical programs that help patients feel less frightened and alone. :heartpulse:

2 Likes

My wife is going on 12 years. Thanks for the share

2 Likes

Wonderful! This is a great idea that can help make a difference. Nice job!

2 Likes

Thank you for this beautiful design! And God Bless you and your mom. :gift_heart:

2 Likes

God bless you and yours as well! I hope between all of us we can raise some money for all of these great causes. <3

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this, I will take any funds I make and donate this to Breast cancer research.

2 Likes

when you download it and open it in whatever program you use (I use Illustrator), the whole file comes up. All is not on the artboard, so what is showing up is what’s on the artboard. It was all there when I opened it in AI

2 Likes

Perfect timing!!! I made some wood/pink acrylic earrings and your set up will work so nicely for sales. I donate sales to my local breast cancer organization. THANK YOU <3

2 Likes