Cannot add user

I’m trying to add my wife as a user of the GF. I can add her email via the UI and she receives the “you’ve been given access” email, but the >HERE< link in the email takes her to a Sign In screen on glowforge.com. She doesn’t have a login. Clicking no password doesn’t help. Clicking forget password eventually lets her seemingly reset the password, but that doesn’t allow login either.

I have a similar problem. My wife is the registered owner of the GF but I have actually taken over the machine. We tried as you did to put me on the account with the same results as you. I have been posting under my wife’s name and avatar. I am not sure if I can change this in her profile without messing up the whole works. Please let me know if you figure this out.

1 Like

I just noticed that I am listed as a user on my wife’s registered GF but I do not know how to access it with my own user name and avatar. Also I noticed two other users are listed in my wife’s profile. They are akeafa.taranum@flex.com and carmen.campos@flex.com. Who are these people. I hope they are there for testing or support.

The Flex ones are testing accounts and should have been removed. Support will do that for you if you request.

Thank You. Do you know where I can find info on adding a user as I feel I should be doing things under my own identity and not my wife’s.

Go to app.glowforge.com and after you login there is an Add User link in the upper right.

BTW, you can also remove the Flex users yourself if you go to Add Users and then click on the Users link on the left and then click their name in the checkbox next to them. That deauthorizes them.

did that and I am added as user but I get a sign on screen from the invitation but do not see a new user prompt. Just a user name and password prompt

I believe there’s a no password link.

Yeah-- the “no password” link doesn’t work.

I still haven’t been able to add my wife as a user to my GF in a way that she can actually do anything.

Hmmm…I’m going to have to invite someone to use mine and walk through it with them. I thought there were directions in the announcement from Support back in June when they rolled it out.

That would be appreciated.

I didn’t have a GF in June. :slight_smile:

I’m not on my PC but the GF app has a Support link for all of their announcements (like today’s one on auto saving settings in projects).

This one:

Unfortunately, the “Create Account” UI never shows up for my wife. She just gets a straight up login UI, but nothing works.

that’s the one and it’s not working for me either. The link they send goes straight to the Login page and clicking the no password link just ends up with a password setting link that allows for setting a password but then that just takes you to a page asking if you’re a buyer (with a link that leads to the GF setup) or want to use someone’s with instructions to request access from them.

Nothing gets me to the Create Account link they mention unless it’s on a part of the screen I glossed over & bypassed.

1 Like

Thanks.

I sent an email to support, too, though I suppose that is redundant.

Seems like this is a pretty universal failure.

Thank you for letting us know about this. I see you emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.

@pauline.lally, please send a message to support@glowforge.com so we can help sort out your accounts as well.