Cannot Fix Focusing Issue

*WI FI issues have been checked there are no issues and the other glowforge is working fine
I have now Turned off the machine. Turned off the computer. Unplugged the router.
and waited
I have turned it one and connected to the internet. This has been going on since yesterday

I set up a WiFi hotspot still stuck on focusing

Visibility is great you can see everything clearly

camera lense is clean

Cables are connected

So the machine is stuck in “focusing”?

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into this error inside of the Glowforge App.

I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate the problem, and it seems like your unit is running into trouble during the calibration step in which the lens focuses inside the printer head (you may hear this when it’s happening - there’s an audible “ticking” sound as the lens moves up and down in the head). There are a few different reasons this error may be occurring. Could you please check a few things for me to help narrow it down?

1. Check the printer head lens by following steps 1-5 from these instructions: https://support.glowforge.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033633614-Cleaning#things-that-need-wiping. If you see anything unusual such as damage to the lens or debris in the printer head, please take a photo of it and attach it to your reply
  2. If you are using magnets to secure material to the crumbtray of your Glowforge, please remove or reposition them and try again. Magnets placed close to the printer head may cause trouble during calibration
  3. Check the connection of the printer head to the white ribbon cable in the printer arm. Turn off your Glowforge, unplug the head, and plug it back in. Note whether the cable plugs back in securely, and whether you feel it “click” into place

Let us know how it goes!

I should have included that I have completed this step. The lenses look perfect and I did take a picture of the lens so you could see it. It still isn’t focusing and I also blocked of the reflection in the tray and still not working :frowning: I have literally walked through every possible step and it still is giving me issues.

yes and I have done every thing the manual says to do. Not sure what else I can do to fix this and would love to have it up and running again.

Thank you for working through those steps! I’m sorry to hear that you’re continuing to run into trouble. I’d like to have a replacement Printer head lens sent out, and see if the same trouble occurs once it is replaced. I’ll close this thread, and follow up with the next best steps directly via email.