Can't connect my Glowforge to the internet

I received my glowforge on Tuesday. It is now Thursday and I still haven’t got it connected. I turn on the laser to get the green button. Then I go to the computer and type in app.glowforge.com. It tells me to change my wi-Fi to the glowforge. After I do that and my computer tells me I am connected to the laser I return to the browser which is still telling me to connect to the Glowforge. There is nothing I can do because it is already connected to the laser but the app won’t recognize that. What do I do ? help!

It might help to watch this video, which was recorded by @rpegg:

3 Likes

Oh no! I’m so sorry you ran into trouble while setting up.

I’ve made a slight change to your Glowforge. Please do the following:

1. Turn on your Glowforge.
  2. Ensure that the button on your Glowforge is not teal. If it is, press it once.
  3. Navigate to app.glowforge.com. Once there, your Glowforge should be connected and ready to print.

Please let me know how it goes!

Hi Jaz,

I did what you said and I was able to print the ruler. I hope i will be able to get connected again. I will have to learn how to use the UI because I have no idea how to use it.

Thank you for helping me. It was great just to print the ruler.

gary

Thanks for letting us know, Gary. I’m so glad to know that you were able to get printing! I see you’ve emailed us as well, and we’re working on some additional steps with you there, so I’m going to close this thread. If you have any other questions or concerns, please start a new topic or email us at support@glowforge.com.