Cant get new Glowforge to cut all the way though

(ā€¦ and the back)

back of gift of good measures

Not much to seeā€¦ ugh.

Sorry to say that although you can adjust settings to get this to print, you should not have to do that with a brand new machine, and they will likely need to replace it.

With the material on the bed, if there is no movement when you press down on the area where you printed, the material is flat enough. I rarely need to use anything to ā€œflattenā€ Proofgrade material, and usually only after pieces have been cut out and it starts to warp a little from uneven surface stresses.

1 Like

thatā€™s my thoughs as well I should not have to adjust on the first print does it matter that my vent is running out side were it is 0 degrees F

If temperature were an issue youā€™ll get an orange flashing light - so that can be an issue, but currently itā€™s not.
You should definitely close/remove your vent when youā€™re not actively using the machine so that cold air doesnā€™t get into your machine

Did you check to verify your lens was in with the cup going into the head?
Not the window on the side, but the actual lens that slides inside the head. You use the blue thingie to remove it/reinstall it

lenz is in right

Thank you everyone! All of these suggestions were great first steps.

Iā€™ve reviewed the logs extracted from your Glowforge, and I see you already emailed us about this and weā€™re working on it there, so Iā€™m going to close this topic.

2 Likes