Can't get Pro Passthrough to work

So far I have been completely unable to get Pro Passthrough to work. I’m using 5mm sheets that are 24" x 13". I’ve masked the wood, I’ve cleaned the lens before the first cut and in between, I use 1-2-3 blocks to make sure it’s perfectly aligned (and remove them before cutting). No matter what I do it never succeeds on the alignment. I always get the “retry alignment” message.

I’m so sorry to hear that you are experiencing trouble using the Passthrough software. Does the same trouble occur when performing a regular print inside of your Glowforge’s bed?

I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge to review your most recent prints, and it appears you’ve been able to complete a Passthrough print, and the alignment appears to be within specification. Was this print completed after manually aligning the print?

Once we can confirm these details, we’ll send over any additional steps.

Couple of things here.

Extracted the logs? What exactly shows up in the logs? Honestly I’d have never supported the glowforge kickstarter if I’d known it required a cloud connection, the fact that you guys have access to information on my prints makes me even less happy.

I have not completed a Passthrough Print. It has never once worked with the automatic alignment. I’ve tried twice with the manual alignment, but due to the camera inaccuracies it’s never been usable. I’m trying at assemble something with tabs for connecting to another piece, so they need to align pretty accurately. I’ve no idea what you mean by “ within specification”. It’s not usable, and the automatic alignment doesn’t work at all. The passthrough was one of the major reasons I went with the Pro, and going on 5 years now I’ve been unable to use it.

I’m sorry for the ongoing trouble and frustration when trying to run Pro Passthrough prints, and for our team’s delayed response. After reviewing additional logs, we’ve found that your unit’s print head has an issue which can’t be resolved remotely.

I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace the print head. I’ll be in touch via email very soon to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.