Can't see full crumb tray

I am having an issue with a few things and getting frustrated! I am very computer savvy but am having all kinds of problems. First off I am not seeing the full crumb tray in the window online for some reason. I used to see it. So now what happens is my artwork reduces itself in size? Then… when I am putting in settings for home depot wood, I am choosing “thick draftboard” 150 / full power for scoring and it’s making 2 passes and cutting it when there isn’t 2 chosen. I just cleaned all my lens last night. I’ve had it less than a week. Can anyone help?

1 Like

The cuttable area is smaller than the full crumb tray – there is always a strip along the top and left that are not shown in the camera view.

Check your artwork for hidden lines – there are “trace path” options that create two parallel vectors very close together, and that trips people up frequently.

5 Likes

I echo everything @geek2nurse said!

Maybe you can post a picture of what you are seeing? I read an article once where someone had bumped their camera and it needed to be put back into place. We could probably tell you if what you are seeing is normal?

2 Likes

This can happen if you’re using a design program that allows you to set the stroke position to something other than center, like Illustrator. The GFUI interprets an inside or outside stroke as two separate lines.

2 Likes
3 Likes

ahhh… oh yes. That would be it! So I need to delete one of the paths then on the outlined stroke before saving it as an svg?

2 Likes

:slight_smile: If there actually are two lines in your file then, yes, deleting one should fix it. If there is only one line make sure that the stroke is set to center.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve hit this snag!

Thanks for the advice @ekla, that’s right. I see that the community has provided some good advice on the next best steps. I’ll keep this thread open a little longer, and see if any of those steps helped. Let us know how it goes!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.