Can't upload anything

I know it’s not at me but I have cleared the cache a few times now. I’ll try anything at this point lol

1 Like

That upload speed might be the problem. Can you try a really small image? Create something like 64x64 pixels. Even at that slow of an upload, that should be able to come through.

Know absolutely nothing about networks. But check that the router is using the 2.4 GHz not 5 GHz band for the Glowforge. I believe some of them have an automatic switch, and the latter will hang it up.

1 Like

I will try that, what is suppose to be the optimum upload speed?? I asked support but they didn’t answer.
and if it was the upload speed shouldn’t i have problems uploading things everywhere else? I can upload 5 photos the same size if not larger to Etsy in maybe a min. and also to email??

I don’t know that there’s really an optimum upload speed. As to everywhere else, it all depends on the configuration. I am NOT a web programmer but I know that it depends on how they are handling uploads, what libraries they are using, what timeouts they have set, etc. Whole lot of variables.

And truth be told… that’s close to 1mbit which really SHOULDN’T be a huge issue but again… depends on how they are handling uploads and how the app is configured. How long did it take to upload the cat pic you posted earlier? If it wasn’t minutes, then the app shouldn’t have a problem either.

I’m so sorry for the trouble so far. Based on the details you’ve provided, I do have a couple more questions:

1. You mentioned that you’re able to upload SVGs to the Glowforge app successfully. Is this still true? If that’s the case it’s important information that will help with our investigation.

2. Have you been able to try another computer or device to upload? Does the same thing happen when you do?

I’ve seen this issue happen once before and it was limited to a specific computer/operating system install, but the problem happened only with SVG files. The case you’ve described is very unusual and the team hasn’t encountered it before, so we may need to keep testing things with you. Thanks for sticking with us during troubleshooting.

Please let us know what you find. Thanks!

I have trouble uploading to the GF interface on days when our Internet is slower (we’re very rural; it gets slow if the wind blows, or it rains, etc.!). Sometimes the browser seems to just get stuck in the uploading mode on those days. If you close the tab and reopen, it clears the previous upload and you can try again. That usually works for me.

I just ran a simple job (a single rectangle with rounded corners to cut out a label) and after four failed attempts to upload the 700 byte file, I ended up using a duplicate of an existing (complex) design, deleting the existing objects, and importing my simple rectangle. It processed immediately and cut in 6 seconds.

My current upload/download speeds are ~600/400 Mbps (I have gigabit broadband, the speed test is mostly limited by my A/C/N-band wifi…)

So despite my earlier comments on it, it’s not always your wifi or internet connection.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.