Can't wait for the Glowforge

Oh yeah, that’s going into the highlights! :joy:

4 Likes

A good friend and bandmate was in an automobile accident yesterday afternoon. He was rear ended on a two lane mountain highway, pushed off the road, rolled down a 50 ft embankment and ended up in the river. He’s bruised but OK. The cigar box fiddle of which I posted a pic several days ago spent 3 hours in the river. Triage is underway on that fiddle and 2 banjos. Oh the humanity!

18 Likes

OH NO!!! Glad to hear he is ok, and hopefully the next few days are going to see him continuing to improve instead of finding more things that hurt.

8 Likes

Priorities! ROFL! (Glad no one was seriously hurt!) :wink:

2 Likes

He’s sore but fine. And it’s another great story that will, of course, grow with every telling at the weekly jam. Haven’t seen the fiddle yet. Guessing it will need some new parts but if they can restore the one from the Titanic sinking this ought to be doable. We’ve been talking at length about using the Glowforge to help with building his cigar box and similar folk instruments. No designs in the works yet, but lots of sketches on bar napkins.

Edit: played music with him last night. He wasn’t moving real quick but was able to play and got the fiddle dried out. Joked that his fiddle sounded a little muddy to me.

12 Likes

Omigosh…that is seriously frightening! It is truly amazing that he got out of that with so little injury. I’ll bet he has a renewed appreciation for life, now.

1 Like

Could not resist this one as a companion piece;

10 Likes

Outstanding!

2 Likes

Happy to hear he was ok. Thank gawd for modern safety standards!

4 Likes

So true. I thought the same when I got my 1st order of jeweler saw blades. I use the saw to make guitar picks & spartan Face Masks out of coins & tokens

18 Likes

So happy he survived. Wow.

On the other hand we can open the war on Glowforge made violin parts here and have two fronts. Just saying.

13 Likes

I don’t know, do you think that @rpegg and his friends are qualified to judge the resulting sound quality?

Edited to add: obviously, I am being a total smart aleck … but since I know that humor does not always play via the internet/written word, I’ll clarify that my comment was very tongue in cheek!

9 Likes

We play Appalachian Oldtime music. Nobody has ever said to us the sound was the best part.

14 Likes

Very nice. The helmet rocks!
I use a lubricant to extend the life of those things. Kind of a wax.

I have cut intricate detail in 1/4 mild steel with care… and patience.

1 Like

I’d like to hear it, you guys ever pass any ‘shine around? Pretty soon you have someone playin’ spoons!

3 Likes

He has shared videos of their (huge!) jam sessions. It’s truly amazing.

4 Likes

You just reminded me of another of my favourite YouTube moments.:relaxed:

9 Likes

That guy’s got it goin’ on :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Here, check this out. He claims it’s not for entertainment, but I thought it was quite enjoyable: What does your Friday night look like?

5 Likes