Card Drying Racks

Edit: it’s been brought to my attention that a certain hand sign is now considered a hate symbol which is certainly not my intention to promote nor was I aware until this morning.
These cards pictured are going into the trash.

I’ve been blockprinting a lot of post cards lately. These little racks are for turning this mess

into this

Straight or slanty versions below. Each SVG is set up to make 2 racks in 1/8" material, each rack has 20 slots.
(Totoro not included)

card drying racks

card drying racks - slanted

47 Likes

Having done a lot of card printing, I can attest that something like this is super useful. Kind of you to share your design!

3 Likes

Thank you! And your cards are great too!

3 Likes

Thanks for the share! Love the card artwork!! What’s your plan for the postcards?

3 Likes

Thank you. This can be helpful for many different applications. I don’t print cards, but there are a couple of other things that I do that will be easier because of this practical cut.

3 Likes

For those offsetting PG material to “save” the uncut inch across the top, you can make these (obviously a subtly different design) with those pieces.

Thank you! A committee I belong to has been holding regular Zoom postcard writing happy hours. We’ve been writing for https://postcardstovoters.org/ and another grassroots group in support of the post office and eliminating voter suppression (http://unitedwestamp.org/).

Of course, in light of disturbing knowledge this morning, these particular cards need a redesign asap.

1 Like

I’m a paper crafter and card maker - these are going to come in very handy for me. Thank you so much for sharing it!

3 Likes

I like Totoro.

3 Likes

I would have loved that back when I had a Print Gocco! Always ran out of room for my cards to dry…Do you think you could modify your design by adding a little bouquet of flowers to the hand? Or might that still be considered offensive?

4 Likes

I’ve still got a Gocco lying around here somewhere! I’ve been hoarding my last 4 flashbulbs for “just the right project” for almost a decade?

The cards are expressly supposed to be neutral, the news about the hand really threw me. Not sure where bouquets sit in the ideological spectrum these days but I thank you for the suggestion. Maybe a high five? A friend suggested a parakeet. It’s all so fraught.

4 Likes

Goccos were the best, weren’t they? I amassed lots of inks and screens after they stopped making them, and had a few bulbs when I bartered mine to one of my mom’s caregivers…

I wonder if you could modify the hand so it’s holding a ballot? I know that would mean redoing your image rather than stamping something over it.

And it is all so very fraught these days… Thanks for the postcards you are writing.

1 Like

I’ve still got a Gocco too! One set of bulbs left. Every time I clean out my craft room I wonder if I should still hang onto those, and I always do.

2 Likes

Not to enable anyone, but Nehoc in Australia still lists the bulbs, not sure if they really have them…

https://www.nehoc.com.au/products/lamps/index.html

3 Likes

In addition to the Print Gocco they released in the U.S., I dragged one of their fancier models back from Japan. It has some great extra features to make hairline registration easier. I recently confirmed that my stash of ink is still good. I have a few unexposed screens left in a light-proof envelope in a refrigerator but, those are so old I am not wildly optimistic about having them work. I still have exposed screens for some of my knotwork designs ( https://evermorestud.io/printmaking-portfolio/ ) that would probably still print.

A regular photo silk screen would likely work in the units. I remember there were people trying to come up with replacement supplies and, I have links to a few notes on those somewhere.

3 Likes

Very nice prints!
I was on a mail list for Gocco til I bartered mine, and recall all sorts of speculation about substitutes for screens and bulbs…It’s disappointing that Riso did not continue to manufacture supplies.

2 Likes

How do I save these files? I don’t see a link. Thanks.

Right click on the line images and “save as” :slight_smile:

(Except in Microsoft Edge which doesn’t work)

Love the racks. Thanks for the share.

The cards are cute. Too bad about the symbol. It would obviously shift the meaning of the cards in this case, given the context, but hopefully you can just alter them somehow.

1 Like

:frowning: Is it just a fist? If yes, ugh - it’s not a hate symbol. :frowning:
Looks great, love the card