Cardboard grand piano model

This has been a fun project. It was not modeled after any particular existing grand pianos. The paint is matt as that is what I have on hand. If I make more, I would try a glossy paint. Hope you like it!

66 Likes

This is amazing. Cardboard!!

15 Likes

Wow!!!

11 Likes

That’s really cool! I’m amazed you can get such detail with cardboard!

13 Likes

Cardboard is usually used as a cheap way to make a mock up to see if a design will work, but this one is definitely a keeper. Amazing detail. Thanks for sharing.

15 Likes

Impressive

9 Likes

I am amazed at how realistic the keys look. Looking forward to seeing what else you make.

13 Likes

That is awesome!!

11 Likes

Wow – that looks great!~

10 Likes

That is just amazing!! Fantastic job!

9 Likes

Thanks!

I printed the white key pattern on regular printing paper and pasted the cutout onto a piece of cardboard before stacking the black keys over it.

13 Likes

That is a really amazing design and execution. Beautiful!

9 Likes

Crazy awesome!

8 Likes

That’s grand!

Are the keys actually cardboard as well? They look amazing, especially considering scale!

9 Likes

That turned out great! Love all the little details you put into this.

8 Likes

that is terrific!

7 Likes

Yes, the black keys are cardboard as well. White keys are printed on regular paper and glued to a piece of cardboard.

7 Likes

Here’s a demo of the piano’s articulation:

15 Likes

That is great! Now design it for proofgrade materials (even draftboard) and submit it to the catalog! It’d be perfect or other miniatures in there!

10 Likes

Wow, this is amazing! Thank you for showing the individual pieces in addition to the final product. I also love the video. Thank you for sharing!

9 Likes