Carriage loose

I was cleaning my Glowforge today and when I tried to reinstall the printer head, after cleaning the lenses and mirror, the metal plate (carriage) came loose and I can’t seem to be able to get it back in place. I see where the front rollers ride but I am unable to get the back rollers to go into position.
Can you give me some help here? Pictures would help.

1 Like

They describe it here:

https://community.glowforge.com/t/burning-problem/26014/19?u=jules

2 Likes

Thanks. I did a search on carriage but nothing came up.

I started collecting a few Support responses for various issues for my personal “Matrix” like thingie. That was just one that looked handy.

(Really tough to find them if you don’t snag them the first time.)

1 Like

Thanks for the link, @Jules.

@lcronkite
I’m so sorry for the trouble with your carriage plate.

I’ve reproduced the instructions here for your convenience.

1. Reattach the carriage plate
  • Hold the carriage plate as shown
  • Placing your index fingers on the back corners of the carriage plate and your thumbs on top of the front wheels, hook the rear wheels on the groove under the laser arm. The front wheels should be mostly visible.
  • Pull the plate forward until the front wheels clear the laser arm then angle the plate up until the the wheels are in line with the rail. Release the plate – it should grasp the rail firmly.

Let me know how it goes! I’m happy to help if you have any questions or trouble reattaching the carriage plate.

4 Likes

I don’t see how this post will help me unless I follow the instructions in Jules’ post as to disconnecting the carriage from the belt.
It would help if these instructions were provided in a downloadable format that could be printed.

I’m so sorry for the confusion. The photo with the carriage plate and belt completely removed was mostly to show you where to place your fingers.

If the belt is still attached to the laser arm, you should be able to hook the carriage plate back on without removing the belt, thus saving you a little work!

Thanks for your feedback on the instructions format. I’ll make sure the team gets it.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.