Carriage Plate Front V-wheels are Broken

The front V-wheels on the carriage are broken. I’ve been noticing that the laser focusing head has been a little wobbly since i’ve owned the machine. I haven’t used it that much but they need to be replaced. I’m new to the forums. How do I go about getting them replaced. I own a Glowforge Pro and Filter.
Thanks,
Thomas Gammon

You’ve opened a support ticket by posting here, so they’ll be along soon to get you fixed up. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for the info!

1 Like

It’s all good. I am only new to the Glowforge machine but I am a cnc hobbyist. I do have a Lulzbot Taz5 , Lulzbot Mini, Avid Desktop Pro 2424 cnc router, Cricut Maker, 2 other custom made cnc routers that I designed about 20 years ago. They should use a different type of rail and bearings. the spring load that the carriage puts on the front v-wheels and load from the lens focusing unit is too high for that linear rail/bearing design. They really should consider redesigning to round rods and utilizing iGus bearings with wipers. Design problem solved and it will last the life of the machine.

Guys! Probably shouldn’t flag posts just because you don’t like the tone. False information, profanity, personal attacks are fair game, but an opinion is an opinion.

2 Likes

Spam is also spam and it’s flaggable. If he wants to post his opinion 1700 times in his own support thread great and all the power to him but he specifically stated he was out to cause issues and therefore, flag. We’re specifically tasked with mod-like powers to judge things like this. It’s up to gf to uphold or not.

1 Like

@tgammoncad

I’m sorry to see you have broken wheels on your Glowforge. I have emailed you about next steps. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

1 Like