Catalog images disappearing

I was working on various layouts and images using the pendant from the catalog/home screen. I was ready to move on to another image, Selected the pendant and what was over it, hit delete and now I can’t get the pendant any more. The selection is still available from the home screen but when I select open nothing is rendered on the bed. I also noticed that if I add any art work to a catalog or other existing art that it is sticky and the over laid image stays with it, like the pendant when I did still have it and reopened it, the over lay was rendered.

3 suggestions,

1: Get back missing designs
2: make it so that deleting a design from the bed doesn’t send it to oblivion
3: have the ability to save a layout as a new design (I take the pendant and put a design on it then I can save it as pendant w/ unicorn or what ever.

While it’s not an elegant answer to what is such an obvious flaw, if you make a mistake (deleting something you don’t want to) you can always press ctrl/cmd+z to undo it. Unfortunately if you save it first (by going back home), you’ll need Support to give your account the file again.

2 Likes

Here’s a post that may be useful…

https://community.glowforge.com/t/best-practices-for-exiting-designs-in-the-gfui/19063
2 Likes

It’s worth noting that the only files that require Support intervention in order to restore are the “free” designs that were pre-loaded in your account. Anything purchased from the Catalog can easily be restored.

2 Likes

So maybe the quickest solution would be to have the free designs added to the master catalog.

3 Likes

Yes – Support has that request in the hopper. Btw, just a SWAG on my part, but perhaps the reason those particular files aren’t in the full Catalog is that they will not be available to next-round/retail buyers. Founder’s Ruler being a reasonable example.

3 Likes

One of the patterns also deleted itself and now it only contains the additional artwork we uploaded into it. :sob:

:question: :thinking:

I’m so sorry about that. Thanks for letting us know. I’ve passed your suggestions on to the team as well.

I’ve sent you a new copy of the Pendant design so you can get back to printing. You’ll find it in your list of designs on the Dashboard.