Caution: Dirty Pictures....or...How I Cleaned the Exhaust Fan 🤔

Yeah, haven’t gotten to that yet. :smile: For heavy users, that’s going to be a bit difficult to clean.
(I’m thinking hairdryer to blow it off, soft bristle brush maybe…but haven’t tried yet.)

Feel like I opened pandora 's box now that I stuck a camera into its depths…yikes

Was going to vacuum but afraid of the electronics…and after blowing air in there just shoots it around to farther areas in the back…

Yeah, I’m afraid it’s going to be a mess either way…but if you blow it to the rear, maybe it will vent out the exhaust the next time. Or you can suck it out with a vacuum from the back.

My plan is to attach a vacuum on the back and clean / blow from the front at the same time

I like the ideas…I just reattached the hose with fresh tape a couple days ago, or I’d test it out myself. If you guys come up with something that works be sure to post pics. :grinning:

If you all have a shop vac handy it works well attached to the exhaust fan when you blowing the dust and dirt with canned air sucks it right out…

Exactly!

I mounted one of these on the side of my GF table, so I can always clean it :slight_smile:

Did the same but as for brushing the electrical stuff …little weary

I use a shortened soft bristle tooth brush…

or at least we’l make the effort :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t worry too much about the electrical stuff. It’s just insulation for them, and that’s not going to hurt anything. It’s the moving parts that matter.

I have had a lathe and vacuums short out due to a buildup of dust and dirt on contacts that are next to each other if not kept clean…

I bought one of these and cannot get it working with any of my three Android devices. is there anyone else whodid so and how were you able to do that?

Lathes and vacuums are subject to conductive particles; metal bits and such. I don’t think ceramic dust and wood ash would cause the same kind of issues, although I’ll freely admit to having been wrong about things a time or two in the past. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That’s new! :wink:

Well, there was that one time when I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I had been right… :laughing:

(Tim already knows, but for the rest of you, this was totally stolen from our dad!)

So was wrong about being wrong? :thinking:

A mistake’s a mistake, even when you were just mistaken about being mistaken. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Or for those with overpowered exhaust fans that cause the GF exhaust fan to rev up - just turn the external on and blow with canned air.