Caution: Dirty Pictures....or...How I Cleaned the Exhaust Fan šŸ¤”

Yeah, havenā€™t gotten to that yet. :smile: For heavy users, thatā€™s going to be a bit difficult to clean.
(Iā€™m thinking hairdryer to blow it off, soft bristle brush maybeā€¦but havenā€™t tried yet.)

2 Likes

Feel like I opened pandora 's box now that I stuck a camera into its depthsā€¦yikes

2 Likes

Was going to vacuum but afraid of the electronicsā€¦and after blowing air in there just shoots it around to farther areas in the backā€¦

Yeah, Iā€™m afraid itā€™s going to be a mess either wayā€¦but if you blow it to the rear, maybe it will vent out the exhaust the next time. Or you can suck it out with a vacuum from the back.

My plan is to attach a vacuum on the back and clean / blow from the front at the same time

3 Likes

I like the ideasā€¦I just reattached the hose with fresh tape a couple days ago, or Iā€™d test it out myself. If you guys come up with something that works be sure to post pics. :grinning:

If you all have a shop vac handy it works well attached to the exhaust fan when you blowing the dust and dirt with canned air sucks it right outā€¦

2 Likes

Exactly!

I mounted one of these on the side of my GF table, so I can always clean it :slight_smile:

https://amzn.to/2PZ4BSf

6 Likes

Did the same but as for brushing the electrical stuff ā€¦little weary

1 Like

I use a shortened soft bristle tooth brushā€¦

1 Like

or at least weā€™l make the effort :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t worry too much about the electrical stuff. Itā€™s just insulation for them, and thatā€™s not going to hurt anything. Itā€™s the moving parts that matter.

4 Likes

I have had a lathe and vacuums short out due to a buildup of dust and dirt on contacts that are next to each other if not kept cleanā€¦

1 Like

I bought one of these and cannot get it working with any of my three Android devices. is there anyone else whodid so and how were you able to do that?

1 Like

Lathes and vacuums are subject to conductive particles; metal bits and such. I donā€™t think ceramic dust and wood ash would cause the same kind of issues, although Iā€™ll freely admit to having been wrong about things a time or two in the past. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s new! :wink:

4 Likes

Well, there was that one time when I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I had been rightā€¦ :laughing:

(Tim already knows, but for the rest of you, this was totally stolen from our dad!)

5 Likes

So was wrong about being wrong? :thinking:

4 Likes

A mistakeā€™s a mistake, even when you were just mistaken about being mistaken. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Or for those with overpowered exhaust fans that cause the GF exhaust fan to rev up - just turn the external on and blow with canned air.

1 Like