Certified Tubeologist

I’d be more than willing to take care of Central NY.

5 Likes

Equidistant from Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and Cleveland --> I’m in! SERIOUSLY!!!

6 Likes

East TN Knoxville area. Sign me up.

4 Likes

I’d be happy to cover “urban” Utah, and the bordering wilderness.
Truly a hybrid approach may make sense…

• Technicians for those who aren’t comfortable doing the job and would rather have it done.
  • Providing a certification course for those who want to service their own.
  • Training for certified tubeologist technicians, which might include non-owners internationally who can provide service for international owners who don’t prefer to service their own.

I am wildly speculating; but today seems the right day for it.

7 Likes

I’d love to be a repair tech for Portland area, heck I’d travel out farther too. I’ve been repairing CNC machines for years, so it’s no sweat for me.

8 Likes

I’d do it for whatever area they’dlike to give me…
Preferably Minnesota :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m in for western NY

2 Likes

Just have to say, this is great. I hope as many of you as possible come out to maker faire SF so we can all grab a drink.

10 Likes

Hey @Dunfee, where in NS are you? Near Hali? I’m in Moncton, hadn’t seen anyone this close to me, Niiiice! Less than a three hour drive to fix the forge (tube) wld be way better than shipping it part n parcel all the way to western US. I’m with you.

2 Likes

Which Portland are you in @hansena?

2 Likes

California is huge. Being in Yolo County, I might be down for the greater Sacramento area.

I starting to think I might want to go just to meet with other forum members.
But I think I would have to figure out the train schedule, cause damn I hate driving down there. Last year I spent more time driving down and back than I did at the Faire (in all fairness that was the short day, but still :weary:)

2 Likes

Well if it qualities as professional training… :wink:

2 Likes

Ha! I forgot about Yolo! A good friend of mine lived in Davis for a while so I’d pass through Yolo on occasion. I was really surprised they didn’t pull something trademarkywhen the whole yolo craze was going on

2 Likes

“and FL if I really have to…” Oh the things we are willing to do eh @takitus? :joy:

2 Likes

The town I live in is the county seat of Yolo, and is called Woodland now… but it used to be Yolo City.

I think they should change it back.

2 Likes

Yep I’m in Halifax!
The drive to moncton is a very familiar one to me!

2 Likes

Excellent to know, happy to make your acquaintance fellow maritimer!

West coast!

West Coast – living part of the week in Seattle, part of the week in Bellingham

Good to know, I was picturing a drive up to Seattle when the time comes.

1 Like