Certified Tubeologist

sometime i’ll share the story of coasting into truro with no gas

1 Like

I’d be up for north Texas area too.

1 Like

Oh! You’re very close to me. I would like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yuppers. I’m in also if this becomes a thing. Edmonton Alberta , Canada.

@markevans36301 you in the San Antonio area?

Sorry, no, se Alabama

You’d be my GF huckleberry!

2 Likes

I’ll take northeast Texas.DFW has quite a few of us.

1 Like

I praise the community spirit displayed here. This is our real strength. Savor it! All for one, and one for all!

3 Likes

I’m in for being the Eastern Australian tubeologist… flights are relatively cheap :wink: just pick me up from the local airport :smiley:

While I have ample high voltage experience to conduct such repairs, I probably would not volunteer for such duty. I built a variable high voltage, current limited power supply to test electrorheologic fluids. These are fluids that become more viscous when an electric field and voltage is applied to them. The state of the art at the start of my work was starch or silica suspended in mineral oil. At 2000 volts per mm of electrode gap, they would coagulate and become moderately viscous… To be safe in the use of these fluids in antilock braking applications, a electric field not exceeding 200 volts per mm gap was required, an order of magnitude difference from what was achievable at that time. Clearly, some out of the box thinking would be required. I realized that to achieve this, I would have to make a liquid polymer that would solidify on application of a low voltage.This could give me the order of magnitude difference in field strength. I took a liquid polymer, added polarizable side groups, both positive and negative, then took the solid polymer that resulted and appended groups to make it liquid once again. The idea was that the polarizable groups would form temporary positive and negative charges that would interact and cause solidification. When an electric field of 200 volts per mm of electrode gap was applied, the liquid went from the viscosity ( thickness) of cola (3 cp) to the viscosity of road tar (250,000 cp) in about 2 seconds, and reverted to cola like when the voltage was removed.

10 Likes

Oh so you’re the other Edmontonian! Nice to finally see your post. :smiley:

And incidentally, I’m also willing to provide support in the Western Canada region…

3 Likes

Ohhh please!

I’m glad 2 people from Ottawa chimed in. That way, I’ll have my pick when it’s time to replace my tube :slight_smile:

1 Like

We need to start a glow collective out here . All of Ottawa and the rest of the valley. And maybe even Gatineau :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m in as well.

I have had a couple of problems with my Pro that I thought could have been resolved by a simple replacement part. Unfortunately, the only solution that support has right now is to replace the entire unit. I have already put my name in the hat with @Rita and the support team for a technical training course to support units in the field if it ever comes to fruition.

2 Likes

Northern VA here. Willing to become one to assist in the tri-state area. 12 years in the IT industry and a handful of years prior as a mechanic, pretty sure I can manage part swaps for the less technically savvy.

Edit: Perhaps I should of looked at the age of this before responding… I get excited.

1 Like