Champagne glass

Can anyone tell me what settings you used for like a champagne glass? I need to add something on it for a wedding and need some advice!

How do you plan on getting a champagne glass under the laser? You only have :wavy_dash: 2 inches clearance if you take out the crumb tray. I haven’t measured one so I don’t know their diameter.
If you can fit it you should be able to find some ideas for settings if you do a search on here.

3 Likes

I can’t imagine they would fit in the GF, but who knows. You might also just consider using some etching cream. I used it on a few of my martini glasses.

6 Likes

If it does fit under the laser head this will get you started - but every piece of material varies slightly so you may need to run some engrave tests for the glass you have.

3 Likes

Sometimes the GlowForge is not the best tool for the job,

Through the years, this is the product I use for etching glass. It is permanent.

1. Put Mylar in the GlowForge and cut out a stencil design.
  2. Remove cut Mylar from GF and apply Elmer’s Glue stick around the edges of the cut design.
  3. Apply the Mylar to the glass. Burnish the edges of the cut design so that it is flat against the glass.
  4. Apply the etching cream to the glass. Lay the glass on it’s side while the cream is drying.
  5. Finally take the glass to the sink and wash off the excess etching cream. Be gentle while scrubbing off the cream.
    6.,Remove glued down Mylar from glass.
  6. This entire project should take 30 minutes

6 Likes

Seems like that’s probably the best approach here.

3 Likes

There are few flutes that can fit in the glowforge. I have been able to glowforge this one:

I would plan for one glass to be a test glass. Try settings from beyond the manual and plan to tweaking them. If you don’t get the results you want then you could post your test settings and results so that someone might be able to suggest follow up settings.

But like the other suggestions, the etching cream is really good for bigger glasses.

4 Likes

Anything similar to Armour etch for Acrylic? This approach could be used for making large panels of edge lit acrylic for example. Couple of weeks back a user wanted to make window panels of edge lit acrylic.

Acetone applied either directly or by vapor chamber, but you must do it very carefully.

2 Likes

Would the acetone bond the mylar stencil to the acrylic?

I do not know of a product that would “burn” an image into acrylic.

I am also not familiar with “edgeLit” acrylic.

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=edge%20lit%20acrylic

1 Like