Cheat sheet for laser settings

Hi! Just wondering if anyone has found some settings that work for them for nonproofgrade materials. Been trying to mess around with the machine, but with time constraints it’s been really tough and I need to start getting products out.

Mostly using 1/8, 3/16 & 1/4 birch plywood and 0.093 clear acrylic.

Would really appreciate a ‘cheat sheet’ of these settings if anyone has!

1 Like

Do you have a Basic, Plus or Pro?

A half hour of testing might get you what you want. Just take make some squares and circles of different colors and go from Full power at 150 and see what happens. Then go either way more or less speed.

8 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate it. I have the Pro. I plan to mess around a bit more, but between work and 3 little kids it’s just a bit tough. I don’t have much time to run it before the kids have to sleep.

Get an inline fan and it will be so quiet they will sleep right through everything.

5 Likes

I’ve read a little about them. Do they just hook up to the machine before the vent goes on?

1 Like

You’ll never have to ask for settings again with a solid test routine:

Also to answer the 100 other questions you don’t even know you have yet:

Welcome! We can’t wait to see what you make :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I put my fan at the very end of the vent hose so it pulls the air the entire way and exits the window.

2 Likes

I was blown away how much quieter the machine is with a booster and the internal exhaust fan turned off!

4 Likes

That’s the right way to do it, as you don’t have to worry about any leaks in the duct setup. I’ve been running an inline pretty much the beginning, never had any odor in the house.

6 Likes