Cheerleader Whine

For a guy with such a subdued demeanor you have a great sense of humor.
You are always standing by to tether us to reality. :+1:

3 Likes

The lack of any official notice or response here from support during an hours-long situation when multiple customers are reporting being unable to use their machines is a bit disheartening. I am deliberately not looking at any internal dashboards so I can honestly say I donā€™t know if thereā€™s a GCP issue that I wouldnā€™t be allowed to mention anyway. Publicly, https://status.cloud.google.com hasnā€™t listed any problems so this would seem to be application-level issues under Glowforgeā€™s control.

At the same time, weā€™ve all accepted that the system is still in beta, so I say ā€œdishearteningā€ rather than ā€œunacceptableā€. Iā€™d like to think that having a good incident management plan including customer communication is in the part of the hopper that will get done soon. Spes consilium non est!

6 Likes

Original post had little to do with our discussion. I find that Support often does not even look at additional posts when trying to diagnose the original issue. One problem per topic.

2 Likes

Yes. By design.

I agree that it is way better to flip the whole sheet. Iā€™ve done that on some cardboard tests, especially if I cut a square around the whole set of tokens and then flip. I make a large jig of cardboard that lies on the crumb tray and cut out a square from the usable area, then cut a rectangle of the material to fit it. Works best with full sheets, but smaller ones that are symetric work. Very important to get the layout of the tokens symmetric. Thatā€™s where I go astray most.

I canā€™t say that I have clear evidence that there has been a change in the software. I was able to do a full sheet of tokens that I had done before. But I hadnā€™t run into issues before with multiple objects that are all vectors. Curious as to what the limitations are.

3 Likes

Machine is back on line. Both sides of the current run are good to go.

6 Likes

We know that one limitations is the job has to complete in three hours. With 77 tokens that would be only two and a half minutes per token.

Another token run successful. All good now, support feel free to close the ticketā€¦

It would be nice to have some understanding of what the issue was.

2 Likes

I did a print of tokens that was 3 hours and ten minutes and that worked. Iā€™ve had longer. My basement is cool and I have never had a heat pause or warning.

Here is a test upload:

It makes a difference if you combine the objects of the same color or not for engraving so itā€™s not simply a per object equation. I usually set the tokens up to engrave the full width of the bed.

4 Likes

OK. Dan said it was 3 hours, it must be a bit more, but there will definitely be a time limit.

Three worth for on board memory. I wonder though if that is the same thing as capping a print at three hours.

2 Likes

Every time this thread pops back up I think itā€™s talking about something else.

9 Likes

I think currently it has to fit in one buffer but the plan is to be able to have multi-buffer jobs.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t seen a bottle of that stuff since I was a kid in N.C.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad that it worked out @PrintToLaser! Weā€™ll continue to investigate this.

1 Like