Chipboard Tests / D&D Map-making

the living hinge design looks brilliant there. i’ll be looking at trying that and curious to see how adhesive prints on top work with the hinge.

1 Like

I just got the patent completely confirmed and the patent number issued on my roleplayed a month or so ago. Gonna work on mold casting and get them ready for sale in the spring (hopefully). The flood last year really set me back.

6 Likes

Could have been worse… could have been a Bear spider!! (Run away!!) Ha!
spiderbear

8 Likes

For scoring and folding thinner cardboard/chipboard, you could make your own scoring board like the Scor-Pal (below), by engraving grooves into some acrylic.

IMG_0419

16 Likes

I’ve got the Martha Stewart version of that - works a treat. The idea of doing some wider grooves to let you score chip is freaking brilliant! :grinning::boom::tanabata_tree::confetti_ball:

3 Likes

They were lucky it was not a Gazebo or a Davenport!!

1 Like

A friend had a housewarming party. He attached an arrow to the hot tub gazebo and did a CSI-style outline of a dead fighter on the grass next to it with a bow and scattered arrows.

2 Likes

No Gazebo yet, but the Owlbear brought some friends when the Map got bigger!

Here are the pieces seperated.

15 Likes

Thats awesome!

Finally finished the map.

@gernreich Crap, there was a Gazebo!

15 Likes

Looks like a winner! :grinning:

2 Likes

I hear they keep Grues as pets.

3 Likes

As the primary predator of owlbears, it’s only natural one showed up.

3 Likes

First project share today:
Material: Chipboard
Thickness: 0.0625" (1/16")
Geometry: simple regular geometry spaced apart.
400s@80p(2x)

Cuts clean and some fall right out others you need to “tap” out which is a good sign in my mind that its not “over-burning too deep”

1 Like

I just tested a design on chipboard I bought at Michael’s. I’ve only had my machine a couple of weeks and still testing the waters. The chipboard is 2mm (0.08 inches equivalent). I tried the lesser settings everyone posted but found that 225 speed / full power 1 pass gave me the best cuts.
There is, however, a lot of char so now need to figure THAT out.

Crag maw cave!!!

1 Like