Christmas pyramid

This is the second one I’ve made so far. I started last year and let it sit for awhile to think about its design. Once I got it functional and the design all figured out, I added some artwork for decor. It came out beautifully with the cedar plwood and painted Baltic birch combo. It functions well with a metal rod that I placed a toothpick in for a sharp spinning tip. It spins on a small acrylic disc below the base. Thanks for looking!

54 Likes

That is absolutely gorgeous! Well done.

10 Likes

This is amazing

5 Likes

So you spin it by hand, or is it motorized?
It looks wonderful!

5 Likes

Thanks

5 Likes

It is candle powered. The heat from the candles rises and makes the propellers spin.

10 Likes

My hat’s off to you for such a wonderful design and execution.

5 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

The articulated reindeer are fabulous - I mean the whole thing is fabulous, but those made me smile :smiley:

Any chance of filming a short video and posting (either here if it’s really short, or to YouTube or Vimeo or something else and posting the link here)?

If you haven’t seen it, @dwardio made a completely different, but same mechanic, one last year:

7 Likes

Here’s a short video. Thanks so much and I did see David’s last year.

16 Likes

Very nice indeed, thanks for giving us a peek!

5 Likes

CHRISTMAS :christmas_tree: YES!!! So ready to see everyone’s Christmas designs.

What a way to start. Your is beautiful!

4 Likes

That’s beautiful. Thanks for taking the time to add the video.

4 Likes

This is beautiful and inspiring. And thanks for adding the video!

1 Like

I love it! All the details are fantastic but my favorites are the reindeer!

The cedar really fits in well with this candle carousel. Will make a superb holiday decoration.

6 Likes

Truly lovely–thanks for sharing!

Great files are you selling anywhere?

My files are on Pupyouupdesigns.etsy.com or some also in the glowforge catalog. This one has been submitted but may be awhile before it is posted to the catalog.

1 Like

This is a holiday treasure. Simply beautiful.

1 Like