Christmas Tree Spiral Design

Here is a design for Christmas Past or Future depending on being late or early.

The smallest branch was not used thereby making room for mounting the star. The design shown worked for clear acrylic with thickness between 0.109 and 0.111 inches (mask removed). The central “trunk” fits into the slot in each branch. For the design shown with stated acrylic thickness, the sloping laser cut edge of the long narrow trunk was sanded at the edges on the bottom side of the trunk. A test branch is provided to use after cutting the trunk to test for fitting before cutting all other parts. You may need to adjust dimensions depending on your material thickness and your machine kerf behavior. In case the svg file below scale is changed in posting, the longest branch should be 3.701 inches.

For order of operations, cut slots before perimeters.
An alternate design used an 90-degree X-shape for each branch resulting in an effective appearance halving of the spiral pitch.

75 Likes

Christmas Tree spiral design  GF FLD

42 Likes

Thank you. I guess it is time to start getting ready for the holidays.

15 Likes

Awesome. Looks great thanks for sharing

13 Likes

Is that on a light up base? Do you have any pics of it on?

11 Likes

That base is an acrylic edge-lit base with multiple modes/colors. I have a video but am not sure how to get it into this thread.

21 Likes

Thanks for the share, that looks great!

13 Likes

Here is a photo of the double spiral version.

22 Likes

Thant looks great!

9 Likes

Oh, that’s absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much, I will be totally making one of these.

Just had a thought–I might split it in half lengthwise and install it in an LED night light. What do you think?

14 Likes

That is super awesome looking! Thanks for the share!

9 Likes

Very nice! I had been thinking along similar lines but not in clear acrylic.

9 Likes

Oh, awesome! Thanks for sharing!

11 Likes

Very nice Christmas tree design and thank you for such a nice file.

11 Likes

Do you have the star pattern to for the tree

3 Likes

Christmas Tree spiral design stars only summary

Sorry I forgot the star. Here are three designs I tried. Engraving was used to highlight areas.

18 Likes

The star with bitmap text had a bitmap gradient at the perimeter. Some Pilot Error of mine has omitted that gradient. Never sure how to operate these computers.

5 Likes

Thank you

3 Likes

Nice share

3 Likes

Would this also work with wood?

2 Likes