Christmas Tree Spiral Design

Sooooo cool! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

How do I get the SVG file? I clicked on the image in your post and was given the option to save to Pinterest, but the file is a bit map.

Right-click, “Save image As”…

1 Like

Here is the link for RGB LEDs with remote control that are just the right size. https://www.amazon.com/Underwater-Submersible-Multicolor-Waterproof-Tealight/dp/B07MP4GMNV/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1WISR5WNE5QUN&keywords=waterproof+led+lights+for+pool&qid=1665089988&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI2LjAyIiwicXNhIjoiNS43OSIsInFzcCI6IjUuMDkifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=water+proof+led%2Caps%2C90&sr=8-7

1 Like

Where do you purchase the color light base?

Search Google for Edge Lit Acrylic Base. I ordered a pair with remote control several years ago. They run on either USB power, cable supplied with units, or AA batteries. Amazon or ETSY are among choices.

What I did.docx (307.7 KB)

7 Likes

Very nice modification. The gluing would be my downfall, but you obviously have it mastered.

2 Likes

That turned out great!

1 Like

Nice. Your star is nicely lit as well as the limbs.

2 Likes

Very beautiful! I feel like it should be turning slowly as it is lit up…

2 Likes

Thanks for your comment.

The gluing is very easy with the Micro-Mark Professional Plastic Welder, aka “SAME STUFF”. Just hold the hold the branch in place and swipe the seem with the small brush that comes with the glue. That’s it, no clamping, no waiting. If you do much work with acrylic it is the go to bonding agent. (I’m not getting paid by Micro-Mark")

This is spooky. When I typed in the URL the following popped up on my screen:

Micro-Mark

Same Stuff Professional Plastic Welder Refill, 2 fl. oz.

DetailsThe same formula as ProWeld and Tenax-7RSolvent liquid cementUses capillary action to weld styrene, acrylic, butyrate, and ABS plasticIncludes applicator brush built into the bottle capCreate tight seams in 15 seconds

5 Likes

I’m a late comer to this thread but I can’t resist commenting on slot size comments. Here is an example of what I do to get a good fit, lose or tight.
Cut the black and score the blue. Peel the covering off the left and comment on the right. I include the settings because sometimes I change the proof grade settings or I’m using non proof grade. The kerf size can change when the settings are changed. Nominally the kerf is .006in, so in the example below the “perfect” fit should be .125-.006 = .119. But whatever the difference is between nominal (.125) and the fit you chose, eg .118 the difference would be .007, so then other dimensions of your cut should be adjusted by .007, subtracted if female added if male, or split the difference. Hope this is helpful.
Slot Test

6 Likes

Thank you. :blush:

1 Like

Oh my goodness! I have one of these made of wood that is well over 50 years old! My grandparents had it in their home and it was handed down to me. As a child, I loved setting it up for them – it’s still one of the first things I get out every year. I will be making one of these for each of my kids as they are getting close to leaving the nest. Oh thank you soooo much. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

my file sized perfectly.

1 Like

So glad it worked for you. YEAH!