Cleaning the Mask Off Your Print

Here is a little tip about cleaning off the masking material on Proofgrade products. I use Crystal Clear Gorilla Tape (3" high roll) so I can see what I am doing. I cut a length and press it down on my design. Then I use a thumb scraper

(ThumbScraper™ – Fusionbrands) and press to smooth the tape onto the draft board (in this case). I peel it up and most, if not all, the masking comes off.

13 Likes

Great tip, Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

It looks like you made your own washi tape as well. Awesome!

1 Like

Hello all, Thought I’d put in my find. I was doing something with a steal ruler and somehow scrapped it across a part I just got done cutting out with masking on it and it took a lot of it off. I then tried it for real and it worked very well. So, from other wood working days I ordered a scrapper from amazon (There are plenty around) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079BJRH4X?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details and for me this has been a great saver of time for me. I have used Gaff tape, fingernails, and a few other things but found this works best for me. The big plus is only got to purchase it once. Yea.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.