Clear Glass Tile Nameplate

Hey Tim….
J I have gone through a few boxes of those tiles with the settings mentioned. I am using the Glowforge
Pro. I sometimes get one that has a little thicker coating in places and I send another quicker lighter power pass to complete the process. I would say that that example would only happen one time out of every 25 or so passes. I suppose the manufacturing
could vary from batch to batch as to how much of the back coating is applied.

Have you measured the tile with Calipers to check for the .310 thickness, or just tried asking the Glowforge to Autofocus on the tile before the start? Also,
most of my images that are requested are graphics (names and pic art). I have only run a few pictures using the tiles. They did work, but I found that they did not have results as great as the graphics.

Maybe some other folks in the community might chime in for us if they have used the same glass tiles in order to help us out.

Wow very nice!

Mine just did the same thing. I’m going to try another round to see if that makes it through.

Hi Tim, Ellintonmd is right, I have seen a huge difference between using a picture and graphics. But I have found on some pictures I would have to do two passes to get through the coating on the back of the tile.

Thanks for sharing! I am new to GF and am just figuring out the basics. I made this for my husband. Our sweet dog in this photo died years ago and it felt good to work with him like this.

This is the glass tile with white back coating. I engraved on the back then filled with ink. I actually used old printer ink that I had on hand.

6 Likes

It looks wonderful
:heart:

3 Likes

Awesome job, and what a tribute!!!

1 Like