I’d been waiting to try out cork on the Glowforge for a while and finally got around to trying some. My daughters came up with some designs that they wanted to try making coasters out of so we did that set first. They turned out quite nice. They’re sharp and clear with great contrast.
Here are a couple of close ups for a more detailed view.
I decided to do some mandalas to see how intricate the patterns could get and tried one pair at 100% black and another at 60%. They both turned out pretty nice.
I think I personally like the high contrast of the dark ones that were 100% black, but they all turned out well. The material I was using was 1/8" thick cork place matts from Ikea and each coaster is 3" in diameter. Here are some detail shots.