Color Defaults

Whenever I import a file I purchased from outside of Glowforge, the colors display differently in Glowforge thank when I look at the file in Adobe…how can I resolve this issue without having to select steps from the file and set them up before I can just cut away?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! We love new faces around here.

Glowforge divides uploaded designs into steps according to the colors of their paths.

So if you want a design to cut in all one big step, you should change all of the path colors to be the same before uploading to Glowforge.

You can take advantage of this by ordering the colors ahead of time. Glowforge will start with whatever color has the lowest hex value, and go from step to step in order, according to each color’s value. This could be really useful when you are cutting items from the inside of other items, you generally want to cut from the inside out.

For more information on using custom palettes to make this easier:

6 Likes

The colours that display in the GFUI have nothing to do with your design’s colours - they’re based on whatever you’ve chosen in the 3dot menu under Preferences.

The order they show up in is based on the hex value of your design’s colours, though engraves always show up above cuts no matter the colour.

So, what exactly are you trying to change?

5 Likes

When you are viewing the different colors for the different steps of your project, ie cut, score or engrave, you can look at the colors that are displayed on your design or project to verify how the glowforge is interpreting your design. This will help keep you from being surprised when something is scored instead of being cut.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.