Combined two engrave areas

I sent a file that had two engrave text pieces and when it was moving between them it didn’t turn off the laser on one of the passes and drew a line between them.

Here is a photo of the problem.

You’d need to share the file, but it’s likely you have an open path somewhere.

2 Likes

I sure don’t see it.

I looked at it and didn’t see it either

Ditto. Does have a crazy number of path segments (which app did you create this with?)

What happens if you rotate it a little?

I did an offset path on it and caught a couple of interior points that might be causing issues, but I can’t get it to unlock to fix it. (Not sure what’s going on.)

To get around it for now, try rasterizing the text. You’re planning to engrave it anyway, and that will eliminate the issue.

I used the colorific post processor from Fusion 360.

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve hit this snag. I apologize for the delay in response, but I appreciate you taking the time to provide the design file you utilized, and for letting us know how it was created.

As @Jules pointed out, does the same trouble occur if the design is rasterized and then engraved? Have you noticed this particular snag on only this file, or other files?

Let us know how it goes after rasterizing the design.

since it was functional, I haven’t retried.

This is the first time I have ever seen this problem (but also the first time I have used the colorific post processor from F360)

Thank you for updating us! I’m glad to hear that everything appears to be working correctly. I’ll close this thread for now, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly at support@glowforge.com in the future if you run into any more snags. We’re here to help.