Compact Filter not working 3 weeks in

I have had my glowforge and compact filter for about 3 weeks. My compact filter is not sucking out the smoke as of this morning. Glowforge vents out fine when put out the window. Yes it’s turned on both on the machine and in the software. I have only cut material that come with the glowforge and two or three other craft wood things. This is very disconcerting to me. If the filter fills up this fast and you can’t empty it and a filter is gonna be $200 plus I won’t be able to afford to run this machine. Please help.

1 Like

The filters life varies with the materials cut. I totally choked out a filter in one night, so I feel your pain at $250 each for the replacement.

Now I’m back to dumping our the window except for had weather days.

2 Likes

If you were engraving on PG draftboard, you could have easily filled it up in that time.

1 Like

if you have not, turn up the speed control . that was designed to allow you to compensate a little bit for the higher resistance as the filter clogs up.

I think the software actually turns the internal fan off, rather than the filter on.

1 Like

Yep! (The fan in the Glowforge is supposed to be turned down when the fan in the filter is running.) :slightly_smiling_face:

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.