Concealing Box

Here is a box I designed that is great for mounting on the wall or just setting up on a shelf. The box can be used for “In case of emergencies”, just as a decoration, or for a decorative box for stuff. :slight_smile: The hardest part was coming up with a design for the front.

I put the SVGs and Instructions on the Free Laser Designs site here: Concealed Boxes

33 Likes

Nice design, the blue really pops and I like the sliding lid.

11 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

Do you mind sharing your process for making the sliding frame? This is something I’ve been thinking about recently

6 Likes

Great hidden box design!

9 Likes

I am working on writing an instructions for building it to include pictures. Once I have that I will post it on the “Free Laser Designs” site. I should have it up in a couple of days. The design is quite simple, but much easier to show than for me to explain. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

I will say you conquered that very well. Great project.

I tried to see if this was inlay or just glued on.
Appearance suggests segments glued on and paint applied in other area.
Regardless, still a masterful lid.

4 Likes

Thank you for the complement! You are absolutely correct! The flag and the mountains are painted on and the trees and bears are glued on. I wanted a bit of a 3-D look, but not one of layers.

2 Likes

The proportions of the flag to the scenery are beautiful. The colors look great too.

5 Likes