Connecting WIFI

I use my wifi for my laptop. Guess the question is should it be connected with cable to router while setting the Glowforge WIFI? I connected the Glowforge within the WIFI on my laptop, but when I go to open the download to finish it gives me a App error message. Then I went back to connect WIFI to laptop and now I am not connected to Glowforge.
So as you can tell I am a bit confused here.
Thanks for the input.

Once you connect the GF to your wifi, you connect your laptop back to regular wifi - which should happen automatically - and access the machine via app.glowforge.com

You no longer connect to the GF wifi (which will vanish once the setup is complete, which is why your laptop should re-connect to your wifi automatically.)

1 Like

think my biggest issue is using google chrome. Going to retry when I get home with my I phone. After downloading the set up and then trying to open it that is when I get the error message.

I use chrome exclusively, and it is the recommended browser. That’s got nothing to do with it. Trying from your phone won’t hurt, however.

2 Likes

Here’s a very detailed walkthough:

2 Likes

managed to get it to work on phone.
Thanks for the Help!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.