Connection Issues / Lack of Error Info

I haven’t been using the GF much as need to filter really, external venting is awkward for me.
Since having my initial connection problems all has been fine even though it’s only been every 6 weeks or so between switching it on. However a couple of days ago I turned it on to do some work and after a few minutes the web page says its calibrating, all well and good. Then it just stops calibrating, goes offline and does nothing until I turn it on and off again! I have changed nothing, it’s location is the same, the router is the same and the signal strength is still listed as near maximum for 2.4Ghz.
What I find frustrating is the lack of status info given by the interface! There are no clues as to what the problem could be. I understand the ideal to create a clean streamlined interface by this lack of error info has gone too far! Even a cryptic code which could be looked up would be better than nothing. So how about adding some more error info @dan

1 Like

I had the issue last night. Changed the material lowered the lid , it started to scan then just went offline, no issue with my wifi. Turned it off and back on worked fine after that. It could be weather related or a hiccup at the Internet provider and their connection…

No internet issues, I have a 200MBit connection and have had no issues over the time I have been attempting to get it working. Am going to do a full power cycle on router/modem shortly and give it another go. I am an engineer & programmer by trade so it’s not an issue for me to get access to the GF logs which are stored on my GF. It’s just really that it wouldn’t take much for the interface to give you a status option which could at least list what it is having a problem with.

Well just done another full reset even though the router was working fine!
Now I have connection :sunglasses:
Would still like to see some kind of informative error messages, just to give a clue where to look when it won’t connect happily!

1 Like

Often the issue is network connectivity. And since the unit would have to have a solid connection to send a message to the interface…

Thanks for letting us know you were able to get back up and printing. As for better error messaging, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I’ve passed this on to the team.

If you run into any other trouble, please start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com. Happy printing!