Consistent pass-through miss-allignment

I’ve had my GF Pro for a few years now and have had excellent results until about 6 months ago. Now, every time I run a passthrough, every next cut is leaving a 1/8" - 1/4" gap between the previous cut and the new. The image appears to line up on the preview. Any reason this may be happening on every single project? I’m getting tired of wasting materials. Thanks!

Are you manually aligning or allowing the interface to align?

2 Likes

I am using the interface. It looks right on in the preview.

I break up my designs into 11" or smaller chunks manually, advance the material, load the next part, align it manually, then cut it. At no point am I using the passthrough software, so whether it’s good or bad doesn’t matter. Verify each step by scoring at 1 power before cutting it at full power to make sure things are as aligned as they appear to be. That’s an option if you value your material over the convenience of the passthrough software.

2 Likes

Are these the same materials you’ve successfully used in the past, or is this something new? I have found varying levels of success with different materials. For example, I’ve had worse luck with dark materials and with glossy materials.

1 Like

If it lines up in the preview you might want to use the actual numbers in the lower left widget checking before and after, there is a hard bottom you can see on the crumb tray and the lower left corner widget gives the real numbers.

Of course, you could try recalibration.

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll give them a try.

1 Like

Thanks for your tips Dan!

1 Like

With the material held hard against the crumb tray wall to fix both rotation and the X value, I use the number widget to assure location and alignment is less of an issue with the added advantage that I can pick and choose where I cut even when not on a line. The top of a circle need not be cut through at all while I cut lines that need it where they are perpendicular and thus easier to align. I do break the cut into different objects to make those decisions before I start.

This is what I did before the passthrough app was invented and I suspect @dan84 did the same and there was no reason to change.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.