Constant Offline status

Hi,

I am trying that. At this time I have my laptop and my cell phone, which is on data, with a hotspot (which is 2.4GHz) on and the Glowforge won’t connect to anything. It has been trying for five minutes at this time, I tried a few minutes ago and it was the same deal.

This morning I turned my GF on, worked fine, did a cut, as soon as the cut was over the teal button came on. I turned the machine off, restarted it and it worked fine. I cut again and as soon as the cut was done it went offline again.

Kate

I’m sorry for the ongoing trouble with your unit not staying connected. I saw in the logs that you were printing again recently. Did things go better these past few days?

If the issue is still occurring, I’d like to check a few more things. Would you be willing to share photos with our team of the physical environment your Glowforge is set up in, such as the surface it’s sitting on and some of the area around the Glowforge to the left and right? If you’d be more comfortable sharing these photos privately, you can email them to us at support@glowforge.com.

Hi,

It’s actually been fine. I haven’t had any problems for over a week now. Funny thing is I never changed anything on my end. I also notice that there are basically no comments on all the Facebook groups about it anymore. It was a serious issue for a week. Pretty sure it was a GF problem and not an user problem.

Thanks
Kate

Hi @blueprintsdrafting, thank you for the update. That’s so good to hear that the trouble has now been resolved. I’m not sure what the cause was of the trouble that you experienced, but I’m thrilled to hear that you’ve been able to connect reliably.

Since it has been a week with no trouble, I’m going to close this post. If the trouble does return, please let us know.