Contacting customer support

Has anyone here been able to contact support? If so what are the proper steps? I haven’t had my glowforge pro for a year yet and i have only done about five projects…it’s just not working anymore. I need to send it off for servicing!

Posting here in Problems and Support opened a ticket for you. They will be in touch when they see it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You just did, as @jules noted above. :slight_smile:

If you haven’t already, don’t open a duplicate ticket by sending them email, because that slows down the process.

1 Like

:blush: thanks!

1 Like

Also, it would save time if you could go into more detail of what it is doing/not doing. If you can get it running at all, Support will want to see a print of the a Gift Of Good Measure on Draftboard (upload photos of front & back), and it would save time if you tried that first.

I’m so sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Glowforge.

Could you please post some additional details about what you have been experiencing with the printer? The time (with time zone) and date that the trouble occurred is very helpful when once we pull the logs from your Glowforge.

Once we have more information, we will follow up with your next troubleshooting steps.

I’m in the eastern time zone! I was trying to engrave a cutting board for a customer for Christmas. the laser tube would not light up at all. So when i start the project the glowforge head moves and scans but it does not engrave or cut anything.

I’m so sorry to hear you hit this snag.

I would like to check over just a few more things. Could you do the following for me?

Please send photos of all your cleaned optical components, with special attention to any damage you might find:

• Both windows
    • The printer head window, on the left hand side of the printer head
    • The laser window on the inside left of the Glowforge
  • The printer head lens
    • Both sides of the lens, top and bottom
  • The mirror inside the printer head
  • The bottom of the printer head

Once we have those pictures, we’ll follow up with next steps.

Check the cut and engrave settings… There are things that can happen which will set the power to 1, which will cause what you are seeing.

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.