Convert inches/second to mm/second

Just in case this is useful to anybody else, if you enter “190 inch per minute to mm per second” into Google’s search engine, it spits the answer back at you through Google’s unit converter. Substitute different numbers, units of time, and units of measurement at your own risk!

16 Likes

I made myself a little chart. Posted it next to the machine & it’s on my laptop in an Excel file so it’s easy to find. I’m not going to use a lot of them - too fine a gradient of speed for practical purposes. I tend to use round numbers for both power & speed. Not a lot of difference between 197 in/min and 195 in/min. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Here’s another method, and you’ll get all sorts of interesting info you never asked for along with it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I keep meaning to mess around with Wolfram on my Raspberry Pi!

3 Likes

Just for the record 483.636364 furlongs per fortnight. Thank you google!

10 Likes

Would be nice if the GFUI switched to metric outside the US.

4 Likes

Or on demand, via a global setting.

4 Likes

Yes, it certainly needs to be a user setting. There are plenty of us in the US who are accustomed to using millimeters for this sort of thing.

5 Likes

It’s also very helpful for travelling and doing things like “35 miles per us gallon in liters per 100 kilometers” and “1 canadian dollar per liter in us dollars per us gallon” (and variations thereof). :grinning:

2 Likes

And 60 miles per hour… :smile:

I was just up in Vancouver, B.C. a couple of weekends ago and wish I had known that! By the way, how did they fit that Costco in there? Driving by on the uh… motorway or whatever it’s called up there it looks almost subterranean.

It’s been years since I lived in Vancouver, and I think that was built after I left, but I used to live in and around Rogers Place. It’s definitely an interesting area, they’re constantly revitalizing that area. I miss Vancouver, but it’s impossible to afford living there anymore unless you have old money in real estate.

1 Like

Or inside the US since all our medical devices are metric specified, and all my CAD files (since I mostly have 3D printed items) are all metric.

4 Likes

I’m going to sort-of move Dan’s post over into this thread…

2 Likes