Coolant Leak Upon Delivery

I know there’s nothing I can do at this point, I just can’t believe the bad luck. Here I am, receiving my Glowforge 5 days before xmas, ready to rock and roll… then this happens.

Anyone else deal with any water damage during transit? At this point I just have to wait for a support response so I can send it back right? Anyone know the turn around time to receive another Glowforge?

Bummer…

1 Like

‘Water damage’ on the inside of the sealed plastic bag?
I don’t believe that’s water – that’s probably coolant which leaked because the unit was upside down.

Not the answer you wanted, but I’m sure GF Customer Service will take care of it ASAP.

3 Likes

Ah, that makes more sense, thanks. We shall see.

So close.

You might want to change the title to something like “Broken Laser Tube on Delivery” to get supports attention faster.

1 Like

The bad news is I don’t think you’ll be receiving a replacement part, but a whole new machine. The “good” news is that, from my personal experience, replacements happen VERY quickly. Like, depending on your location, you might be up and running by the end of next week. They REALLY want to make people with damaged/defective units right and whole.

I don’t think they prioritize cases based on title. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Probably not, but “Broken Laser Tube on Delivery” would get my attention before another “We still hate UPS right?” title would. @dan or @Rita might see it and bump it up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Might as well try it out! Thanks for the info guys.

1 Like

Sorry about the tough luck. What a buzzkill!

1 Like

“Coolant leak” would have been a little more honest.

1 Like

Do we actually know? @rhlinder’s photo doesn’t show the inside of the machine, and I understood it to be a closed system, such that turning it upside down alone wouldn’t cause a leak. I think someone had a leak because the cap wasn’t screwed on correctly, but most of the boxes showing up wet have been accompanied by a broken tube.

I’m curious about what this one turns out to be.

I must have slacked off reading. Have seen lots of coolant leaks. Haven’t seen any of those mention the tube. But I have been skimming lately. Only read about one broken tube unrelated to cooling.

I’m needing to send mine back and just got my label. Did you have FedEx pick it up or did you drop off? I’m just really curious about how your overall experience was :slightly_smiling_face:

I dropped off. My local Staples is a dropoff location. My experience was fantastic. The hardest part was boxing it all back up and transporting it to Staples.

1 Like

I simply scheduled FedEx to come pick it up via their web site. Coincidentally they scheduled the pickup on the same day my new one was being delivered. I got the new one about 10 minutes before the old one went away :slight_smile:

And echoing the others, replacement happened really quickly.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry! We will need to replace your unit.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’ve responded there, so I’m going to close this topic.