Cooling Alert wont go away

The last couple of times I have had the glowforge on it results in a Cooling Alert error after running it for more than 30 mins.

If I run a print for longer than that half hour it pausing with a cooling down message. After turning it off and waiting a while I turned it back on and all it read is “Alert Cooling” with an amber button.

My unit has been in my office with the same temperatures for years now with no issue.

I have included the pictures I think you will ask for to troubleshoot this problem.

Thank you for your help!

Just a thought–have you cleaned out the duct hose? And the back of the fan?
If there’s stuff building up in the ducting, or in the fan, it can reduce the efficiency of the fan and exhaust. At least not as likely to cause a house fire like lint build-up in dryer ducting can!

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble you’ve been experiencing with your Glowforge. I’d like to take a look at some images from inside of your unit, additional to the ones you’ve already provided.

Assuming you’re using a smartphone, try these tips for great photos:

• Use flash
  • Zoom in using the digital zoom
  • Hold the camera/phone far enough back to get good focus.

Here are the photos:

Motor on the laser arm (and surrounding):

Inside, left of machine:

Left side of front door:

Send those photos over, and I’ll be happy to take a look.

Thank you for taking the time to send over these photos! We’ve made a small change on our side. When you have a moment, could you please reboot your Glowforge, and attempt another test print?

Please let us know if you happen to run into the same trouble, or if you see any errors while printing.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.